Job Title – Senior Test Engineer
LUX-TSI is a fast-growing independent consultancy and testing Services Company offering testing of lighting, medical and consumer electronics products for safety, reliability and performance against national and international standards. Its operation was the first to be approved in the UK for the photometric testing of LED lighting products and is UKAS accredited. It has the most advanced goniophotometer in Europe to compliment a suite of other advanced testing equipment allowing us to offer the best testing solution for our customers. LUX-TSI is part of a global group of companies with facilities in Malaysia and UK. It is a partner lab of BSI and has recently become a CBTL under the IECEE CB scheme.
- Our company is customer centric to the core, technically competent and operationally efficient.
- We aim to ensure absolute customer satisfaction and support for all their needs.
Senior Test Engineer
Based in Pencoed, Bridgend, UK but travel in UK may be required from time to time.
- Performance Testing using photometric, spectroradiometric and other optical test methods and equipment
- Operational Management
- Technical leadership for the Performance Testing of Lighting and Road Traffic equipment
- Responsible for ensuring the test equipment and procedures are in line with the Accreditation of Performance Test Facility
Job Tasks and Functions
- Performing testing of Lighting and Road Traffic Equipment including photometry, spectroradiometry, photobiological hazard assessments, retroreflectivity, endurance and life testing of products.
- Supporting the implementation and continued development of the company Quality Management System and ensuring that each engineer understands their responsibility in line with their role.
- The responsible operational senior engineer for all performance Testing
- Technical leadership through keeping up to date with the latest developments in the area of Testing associated with Lighting and Roadside/Traffic Equipment including changes to standards and regulatory activities.
- Support customer enquiries providing quick turnaround of technical information to assist the field sales and internal sales teams.
- Maintain a strong technical network within the testing community including engagement with some technical committees and engaging with the technical community to ensure that LUX-TSI is seen as a knowledge leader in the area of Performance Testing of Lighting and Road Traffic Equipment
- Manage the technical activities of the Performance Testing Laboratories and its staff to achieve error free, rapid delivery of testing services and reports for customers.
- Maintain proper records, documentation and procedures in line with the ISO/IEC 17025 quality management system.
- Ensure testing methods are efficient and aligned with best practise and/or appropriate external standards
- Manage and motivate Performance Testing engineering staff, work with the Laboratory Manager to define and agree their objectives and maintain staff training plans ensuring competencies are in line with the needs of the company and lead to continuous improvement.
- To drive continuous improvement activities within your area of responsibility.
- To lead 8D projects to learn and improve and act quickly and effectively on corrective action issues and to ensure preventative action management processes are in place.
- At least 5 years’ experience in design/test/development of electrical/electronic/lighting products
- Engineering or Scientific Degree is preferred but demonstrated relevant experience is also acceptable.
Critical Success Factors (CSF)
- A careful structured professional approach with “can do” attitude
- Blend of hand-on test competence with problem solving and management capability
- Ambitious and hard-working with flexible customer orientated ethos
- Good technical knowledge in electronic and/or lighting product testing
- Some knowledge of electronic and lighting product design
- Ability to organise tasks and communicate effectively to a technical engineering team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and Interest in energy efficiency and product test and certification such as CE marking
- Ability to organise detailed project requirements and to summarise into suitable format for management use, plans, budgets etc.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office
- Demonstration of leadership and management skills
- Focus on minimising errors and improving efficiency
- Focus on Direct Revenue Generation balanced through careful management in line with company requirements and principles
Salary “highly competitive”– depending on experience and candidate fit to role
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Bonus scheme based on individual, department and company performance
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org